23 December 2011

Use positive affirmations to change your life

Using Affirmations is a way to create positive change in your life, but just as important; they feel good to say.  Affirmations are one of the easiest, yet most overlooked meditations in the world.   I will once again refer to a little book called Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain as the source of inspiration for this article. Definition:  “To affirm means ‘to make firm.’  An affirmation is a strong, positive statement that something is already so.  It is a way of ‘making firm’ that which you are imaging.” 
Try saying my personal three affirmations in life, and see how they make you feel:
  • I am capable of anything and bound by nothing”“
  • I love like I have never been hurt, and work like I don’t need the money”
  • I strive for love, Seek knowledge, Find happiness, and Yield not to Fear”
They feel good to say, don’t they?  When we practice using affirmations, we replace the old bad programming that blocks us from moving forward in life.  Our mind defines us, whether we like it or not.  Filling it each day with positive affirmations will have an immediate impact on how we feel and think about our present situations.  It is such an easy practice contrary to the difficult meditations that push us to quiet our mind. Creating your own personal list of affirmations is a fun and positive exercise.  
I suggest making the Affirmations as personal as possible, don’t simply rely on someone else’s list for your life, make your own and start today.
Shakti gives the following 7 tips for you to follow:
  1. Always phrase affirmations in the present tense, not in the future.”
  2. Always phrase affirmations in the most positive way that you can.”
  3. In general, the shorter and simpler the affirmation the more effective.”
  4. Always choose affirmations that feel totally right for you.”
  5. Always remember when doing affirmations that you are creating something new & fresh.”
  6. Affirmations are not meant to contradict or try to change your feelings or emotions.”
  7. When using affirmations, try as much as possible to create a feeling of belief, an experience that they can be true.”
Here are some great examples take from Creative Visualization to get you started:
  • I am dynamically self-expressive.”
  • It’s Okay for me to have everything I want!”
  • I feel happy and blissful just being alive.”
  • I am a radiant being, filled with light and love.”
  • I am an open channel of creative energy.”
  • The light within me is creating miracles in my life here and now.”
  • I love to love and be loved.”
  • Infinite riches are now freely flowing in my life.”
  • Everything I need is already within me.”
  • Abundance is a natural state of being.  I accept it now!”
  • I love and appreciate myself just as I am.” By Shakti Gawain
The present moment is all we have in life, so take this moment to write at least one affirmation to share with others in the comment section below.  Begin changing you inner-self with positive thoughts today.



No comments:

Post a Comment