The Law of Attraction can help you attract what you want, and increase your life satisfaction. Here's how positive energy and The Secret transforms minds and lives.
Can positive energy change your work or home life? You better believe it! According to the Law of Attraction, we emit positive and negative energy constantly. Other people pick up on our positive energy and gravitate towards us, or sense our negative energy and are repelled by us.
The Secret by Rhonda Byrne is the most recent incarnation of the Law of Attraction, which was recently described on the Oprah Winfrey show. The Law of Attraction states that like attracts like, which means that positive energy will attract more positive energy.
How do you know if you're sharing positive energy? The best – and easiest – sign is the people in your life. Are they encouraging and uplifting, or are they draining away your energy? Who you surround yourself with affects the levels of happiness and satisfaction in your life. If you're not surrounded by positive people, then you may not be transmitting positive energy.
You're emitting positive energy when you:
- Stay in touch with your dark side and weaknesses, and are willing to grow towards healing and strength. Positive energy is about movement.
- See the positive qualities in other people. Positive energy values other positive qualities.
- Feel compassion towards yourself and the world (we're all doing the best we can!)
- Listen to – and try to understand – other perspectives, regardless of how different. Positive energy is open minded.
- Give the benefit of the doubt. Positive people don't judge quickly.
- Express your true self in thoughts and actions, gently and honestly (and free others to do the same!). Positive energy is honest.
- Share your negative thoughts and emotions. Positive energy admits the negative.
- Celebrate the success and happiness of other people. Positive energy appreciates success.
- Feel fear and defeat, and keep persevering anyway. Positive energy doesn't deny negative emotions.
- Follow your dreams and desires
You're not emitting positive energy when you:
- Ignore your dark side and weaknesses (and then act them out). Negative energy isn't honest.
- Focus on other people's mistakes and weaknesses. Negative energy is critical.
- Obsess about being perfect; whether it's at work, at home, or with your appearance (or other people's!). Negative energy strives for perfection.
- Try to change other people's perspectives and opinions. Negative energy wants everyone to be of one mind.
- Try to please people constantly and ignore your own needs. Negative energy isn't balanced.
- Let other people's moods and energy dictate your own.
- Swallow your negative thoughts and emotions.
- Resent the successes and joys of others. Negative energy is jealous.
- Allow fear and cynicism to harden your heart and color your perspective. Negative energy revolves around fear and bitterness.
- Ignore your goals, plans, and passions. Negative energy suffocates your dreams.
Maintaining Open Hearts and Open Minds
People with positive energy are determined to do their best, and to see the best in the world around them. People with positive energy don’t focus on "should have" or idealized, perfect expectations that are impossible to live up to. People with positive energy have an open heart and a sense of humor. People with positive energy don't care about being popular or keeping up with the Jones's – and they stay in touch with their hearts and souls. They know what they want to create and manifest in their lives.
Flowing With Failures and Disagreements
People with positive energy make mistakes and own up to them. They keep lines of communication open, opting for discussion and connection – and people with positive energy are satisfied with "agreeing to disagree." Failures and disagreements don't faze people with positive energy, because they know they're part of living and working with humans!